Welcome to the Official ClexaCon Forum! Please register/log in to view the board

Introductions

Tell us a little bit about yourself!
kimgryphon
Baby Gay

Re: Introductions

Post by kimgryphon » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Hello!

My name is Kim & Happy Pride from out here in the Boston area!!!

I'm also 34 years old, queer & on the nerdy side of life. I'm a diehard eternal flame lover for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but Orphan Black definitely caught my heart, especially since Cosima is clearly the ideal woman... ;)

Since I got into the 100 & then was definitely disappointed to see Lexa's contrived lesbian death scene match up to Tara's [from Buffy], I can understand the significance of this Con. I hope to attend!

Also, I write queer/YA/Sci Fi & have a site at kimgryphon.net

Hope to get to know you all & thanks for making up this awesome community.

kimgryphon
Baby Gay

Post by kimgryphon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Hello!

My name is kim g & I live in Boston. I'm so glad this community exists & happy to join!

also, happy pride month...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 17f6efcf4e

Metaparadox

Post by Metaparadox » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:46 am

Hello! I'm Olivia and I'm hoping to make it out to Clexa Con for 2019, and maybe present on a panel if I'm lucky. I'm a 26-year-old, latinx, autistic and chronically ill, queer-identified bi/pan asexual, and I care a lot about asexual representation in the media, queer narrative video game dev, zines, and disability justice and representation. I hosted Ace Jam, the first game jam about creating games with asexual characters, which got written up on Rock Paper Shotgun (though they didn't ask me for comment, sadly). I've released one small complete queer visual novel (be warned, it's a bit more depressing than most of the other stuff I'm working on) and one large demo of a queer teen-friendly sci-fi/fantasy dating sim. I've presented the demo for that game at Play NYC with the Friendship Garden megabooth. I also am one of two people who curate the Ace Zine Archive, an online record of the discussion of asexuality in zines, the most thorough such resource I know of. I edited a compilation zine on asexuality and relationships a few years ago, and I'm responsible for Connecticut's first zine fest, and I teach workshops at libraries and queer conferences in the Northeast about zines in general and specifically queer zines. I also have sold zines at a lot of zine fests, including multiple queer-specific zine fests and maker markets.

In other interests, I love queer indie comic anthologies, sci-fi and fantasy, superheroes, drawing and writing, collecting books, making jewelry, cats, and dyeing my hair unnatural colors.

You can find me online here:
- http://patreon.com/oliviaszines
- http://metaparadox.itch.io/
- http://twitter.com/paradoxrevealed
- http://instagram.com/oliviam.11

Beringandwhoa

Post by Beringandwhoa » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Hey, I’m Maddie. I’m 23, hella gay, and in too many fandoms to name - although some of my favorites are Warehouse 13, Defiance, Person of Interest, Buffy, Xena, Orphan Black, Lost Girl, and Killing Eve.

Occasionally, I write stuff/make gay video games (i’m a little stalled with my current one though.)

Owlchilde
Baby Gay

Post by Owlchilde » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Hello there!
I am Melissa, and I am a queer bi woman. My husband is actually the one who turned me onto Clexacon and I am grateful he knows me so well. We attended Clexacon 2018 and it was the most emotionally fulfilling con I have ever attended, so we are attending again in 2019 also.

Hobbies are baking, reading (mostly fantasy & utban paranormal/fantasy with some sci-fi,) playing D&D and World of Warcraft, comic books (really loving Margaret Stohl's The Life of Captain Marvel right now) and some art/crafts dabbling. Then of course there are the shows which get a bit numerous to count, current favorites are Wynonna Earp, Killjoys, DC Legends of Tomorrow, SuperGirl, Black Lightning, Doctor Who and The Expanse, and I cannot wait for Batwoman. I admit I don't always get into shipping but, Tara & Willow, Root, Wayhaught, Nyssara & Avalance (yes I ship Sara with both of them) are faves of mine.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all and maybe having some friends to meet IRL at Clexacon 2019.

sheriffinn

Post by sheriffinn » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:03 pm

kimgryphon wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:43 pm
Hello!

My name is Kim & Happy Pride from out here in the Boston area!!!
YAY Boston! Also, we love all of the same things!

FanGirl
Baby Gay

Post by FanGirl » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:18 am

I've been to ClexaCon both years so far. I worked a booth so I may have talked to a lot of you that went the last two years.

I am a casual fangirl of a lot of shows/books/movies and so on. I don't currently have a recent OTP but I like a lot of couples enough to keep up with their plots even if I dont care about their shows.

I really enjoy everyone getting together and getting to fanout together over things most people in my real life know nothing about. There is nothing better than being at ClexaCon and having talks about everything from current popular shows to obscure web series from 10 years ago to graphic novels to indie movies.

I cant wait to see what happens in 2019.

poorlyformed

Post by poorlyformed » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:31 pm

hi! I'm Cathy, and I'm super excited to attend my first ClexaCon! I live in NYC and last year I started tabling at cons for the first time, and I was beside myself with joy when I was accepted to do so at ClexaCon. All of my art is basically queer - even if it's not explicit, know that in my heart, it 100% is. XD

Hope to make a lot of friends there, so please stop by my table (once I know where it is) to say hi!

BeeboBluGoddess
Baby Gay

Post by BeeboBluGoddess » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:30 pm

Hey! I'm Roz, a lesbian from Baltimore, and this'll be my first Clexacon! I'm 39, accept people for who they are, and an introvert who's a situationally extroverted. My fandoms are Legends of Tomorrow, Xena, Buffy, Supergirl, Babylon 5, Wynonna Earp, Black Lightning, Doctor Who, POI and Stargate-SG1, among others. I make jewelry, occasionally draw, am a martial artist and love to cook and bake.

BeeboBluGoddess
Baby Gay

Post by BeeboBluGoddess » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:57 am

Hi, I'm Roz, 39. This'll be my first year at Clexacon. My fandoms are Supergirl, LoT, Black Lightning, OUAT, and Buffy, among others. I'm looking forward to meeting some cool people.